Mixmag Asia has openings for digital and editorial interns to join the team remotely, within Asia.
There are limited positions open, working remotely with our editorial and social media teams for an initial two-month period.
You'll be able to share your passion for dance music and bring your innovative ideas to life while honing your skills alongside the best people covering clubbing and other subcultures in Asia and beyond.
See below for further details and how to apply.
- Writing news and features for Mixmag.asia.
- Working with the Mixmag Asia socials team to create content for social media.
- Pitching ideas for written, video, socials and audio content.
- Using inside knowledge of dance & electronic music to help choose which artists and releases are featured on Mixmag.asia.
- Working directly with Mixmag’s Editor and Director to learn about music media and the music industry.
- Expand your network and knowledge of Asia's clubbing and music scenes.
- Passion for digital media, music journalism and dance music.
- Studying or have qualified from a journalism degree or have prior experience in music journalism, digital and social media.
- Comfortable with Photoshop, Premier Pro (or other video editing software). Knowledge of audio editing and After Effects is a plus.
- Experienced with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, SoundCloud and YouTube.
- Prepared to work in a fast-paced manner with plenty of opportunity to pitch innovative ideas and contribute to Mixmag's best-in-class digital content.
Please send your CV and answers to the below questions to [email protected] (max 250 words each):
- A news story written by you to run on Mixmag.asia (max 250 words) and say why it fits Mixmag's audience (max 150 words).
- Outline your experience in creating written content for digital platforms.
- Outline your experience in producing and building social media channels.
- Please also share a select portfolio of news stories, features, interviews and / or other music journalism related "clippings" you think may be relevant for us to consider.
Please write the subject line as: [Your Name] — Digital Internship application
Deadline: 6:PM, Friday, 11 November.
We will contact successful candidates and invite them for a video interview with members of our team.