'We The People' is a compilation curated by Pooja B aka ikigai, a Berlin-based DJ and producer who’s musical footprint spans an East to West trajectory, and back.
With her home country India currently in a state of chaos, this compilation is intended for raising funds to be donated to trustworthy charity organisations that are active on the ground and increasing the supply and facilitation of medication, hospital beds, and oxygen for COVID-19 patients. The following organisations are the ones you'll be supporting — they provide aid to those who are severely affected and have little to no support from the government:
Pooja describes the efforts being made behind the compilation, "Even though this is not war, it sure feels like ‘We the People’ are an army on a mission."
- Citizens Covid War Room (treatment for underprivileged, relief for those rendered jobless & to families who lost their earning member to COVID-19)
- Delhi Sikh Gurudwara Management Committee (healthcare support & logistics for COVID-19 patients)
- Hemkunt Foundation (providing oxygen & humanitarian aid to marginalised sections of society)
- Milaap (supporting the transgender community in Mumbai)
- Mukul Madhav Foundation (helping communities access life saving equipment and relief) -
Music communities from around the world have been piling in their efforts to support in any way they can for the dire situation across the subcontinent. For 'We The People', Indian artists with roots across the globe have submitted an array of tracks ranging from pounding industrial-pace techno by Pooja B herself, to PAV4N contributing on the hip hop tip and Snad sneaking in with acid house sleaze. Credits to Ajaaz Rasheed for the artwork as well.
Listen and support at the same time.
'We The People' is out today via Pooja B’s Bandcamp. You can help India by ordering your copy here.