In honor of the their 20th anniversary, Awakenings asked fans from all over the world to vote for the top 20 techno tracks of all time. The results are a product of 16,000 votes from over 88 countries.
It comes are no surprise that Jeff Mills’ ‘The Bells’ comes in at number one as he is often considered one of the best techno DJs in the world. It was also predictable that Ben Klock’s ‘Subzero’ would come in just after that. The full list is as follows:
1. Jeff Mills 'The Bells'
2. Ben Klock 'Subzero
3. Enrico Sangiuliano 'Moon Rocks'
4. Sam Paganini 'Rave'
5. Dj Rolando 'Knights of The Jaguar'
6. Oxia 'Domino'
7. Adam Beyer 'Teach Me'
8. Alan Fitzpatrick 'For an Endless Night'
9. Adam Beyer 'Spacemen'
10. Laurent Garnier 'Crispy Bacon'
11. Dax J 'Wir Leben Fur Die Nacht'
12. Bjarki 'I Wanna Go Bang'
13. Laurent Garnier 'The Man With The Red Face'
14. Green Velvet 'Flash'
15. Maceo Plex 'Conjure Dreams'
16. Joey Beltram 'Energy Flash'
17. Paul Kalkbrenner ft Fritz Kalkbrenner 'Sky & Sand'
18. Adam Beyer & Ida Engberg 'You Know'
19. Age of Love 'The Age of Love (Watch Out For The Stella Club Mix)'
20. Maceo Plex & Gabriel Ananda 'Solitary Daze'
Awakenings will further honor their 20th anniversary with a coffee table book called ‘AWAKENINGS: 20 Years of Techno’ that will contain the story of the festival, interviews with over 50 of the world’s biggest DJs and it will come to life via 500 pages.
Awakenings is officially celebrating its 20th anniversary from June 24 to 25 at Amsterdam’s Spaarnwoude Houtrak with 110 artists from The Black Madonna, Sven Väth and Ricardo Villalobos. They are joined by Pan-Pot, Maceo Plex, Chris Liebing, Joseph Capriati, Dave Clarke, Tale Of Us, Loco Dice, The Martinez Brothers, Floorplan, Black Coffee, Len Faki, KiNK and many more. The event will boast 8 stages with 2 large-scale outdoor arenas including stages by Adam Beyer with Drumcode and Joris Voorn with Spektrum. See all the details surround the event here.